Excellence in Education Since 1975
Friday, June 12th, 2015
Next bulletin not yet published.
CHS Offices Closed Until August 11th
Posted on 2015-06-23
The CHS offices are closed and will re-open August 11th at 8:00 a.m.
Please visit www.osd.wednet.edu for Olympia School District information or for immediate assistance, you may call the main OSD Office at 596-6100.
Report cards, as well as senior diplomas and transcripts will be mailed home by the week of July 1st.
Registration for new students begins August 19th.
Sports Clearance begins August 17th.
New Student Orientation is September 1st at 8:00 a.m.
School begins Wednesday, September 9th at 7:45 a.m.
Posted on 2015-06-17
We are pleased to announce that Jennifer Hewitt and Michelle Anderson will be acting as Co-Principals at Capital High School for the 2015-2016 school year with Mr. Gordon Chamberlin (current Assistant Principal at Reeves Middle School and former Assistant Principal at CHS) in the role of Assistant Principal. Mr. Grimm will continue as our Dean of Student.
Our community will be able to assist the Superintendent next year to conduct a search for the new Principal of CHS for the 2016 school year and beyond. If you have questions/concerns for either one of the CHS Principals, please continue to contact the main office and our staff will direct you to the appropriate Principal based upon your needs.
We are excited to be able to continue the great work of making Capital High School the best school in Thurston County.
Fall Sports Clearance Dates
Posted on 2015-06-12
Below are the CHS fall sports clearance dates and times:
August 17 8:004:00 p.m.
August 18 8:004:00 p.m.
August 19 7:002:30 p.m.
August 20 7:002:30 p.m.
August 21 8:0012:00 p.m.
August 24 7:003:30 p.m.
August 25 12:303:30 p.m.
August 26 12:303:30 p.m.
Fall sports include football, boys/girls cross country, boys tennis, girls swimming, girls soccer, and girls volleyball. All fall sports begin on August 24th except football which begins on August 19th. All packets must be completed with a current physical and ASB card and Pay to Play payment.
2015-16 School Calendar Finalized
Posted on 2015-03-17
The 2015-16 school year calendar has been finalized. Here are some of the significant changes:
- A recent survey showed elementary and middle school families preferred early releases to late starts for teacher collaboration time. The new calendar honors that request by ending late starts and moving to early releases for elementary and middle schools.
- There will be fewer of these early releases than there were late starts this year. This will present fewer disruptions to learning time and provide larger time blocks for teacher collaboration in elementary and middle schools.
- There will be more consistency in that all early releases will be a half day.
- High schools will not have early releases except for Friday, Nov. 13, Friday, Jan. 29 and Friday, June 17 (for grading).
- The spring elementary conference week has been moved to be right before spring break, much like our neighboring districts.
Click the link below to view the 2015-16 calendar.
Ingersoll Stadium Closed for Turf Replacement
Posted on 2015-06-02
Ingersoll Stadium is closed through late August for installation of new field turf. During the closure there is no public access to Ingersoll, including key card access, due to the work that is ongoing across the entire turf area and staging of the work in the area along the track. The new turf will replace an 11-year-old surface that has exceeded its eight-year life span. Thanks to everyone for their patience as the district undertakes this important safety project!