Business Achievement Awards
The Business Achievement Awards (BAA) are an aggressive, self-directed, results-based business and leadership national awards program designed to compliment academics while accelerating a student's leadership skills. The awards focus on the words surrounding the FBLA Crest: Service, Education, and Progress. There is a heavy emphasis on education with integrated classroom/FBLA projects.
The individual recognition is a four-tier program aligned with the FBLA-PBL Goals, NBEA Standards, and Career Clusters. The BAA has four distinct award levels—Future, Business, Leader, and America. Each level will include the following activities and concepts:
- Service: Activities that improve the member's school, area businesses, community, and/or state. Upon completion, members will understand the link between a community and the success of business.
- Education: Activities, studies, and curriculum that prepare the student for corporate America, entrepreneurship, and continuing education. Using input from business educators, industry professionals, and college educators, members will be more prepared for their future. Upon completion, FBLA members will better understand business and the world of work.
- Progress: Activities that promote the organization at the local, regional/district, state and national levels. Upon completion, FBLA members will better understand the local, state, and national levels of the organization and how they complement one another.
You may complete as many levels as you wish within a one-year time period. Work and documentation will be completed online through interactive forms (see Mrs. McFadden for your login key and password). Your application form and the appropriate worksheet need to be turned in to Mrs. McFadden by February 18 in order to be processed by the March 1 deadline for the State conference. Activities on the worksheet need to be signed off by Mrs. McFadden as they are completed throughout the year. Activities not completed in one year may be carried over into the next year. Projects completed for each level must be different.
- Future Award (worksheet)
This award focuses on basic business skills, introduction to community service, and FBLA involvement at the local level. In order to attend the State Leadership Conference (SLC) in April, the "Future" award must be completed. Pins will be awarded to the recipient at the State Leadership Conference (SLC) in April.
- Business Award (worksheet)
Prerequisite: Future Award. This award focuses on local and district/regional and state involvement; intermediate business skills; and leadership in the community. In order to run for a state office position, the "Future" and "Business" levels are required (see “Running for a State Office” requirements for more details). Pins will be awarded to the recipient at the State Leadership Conference (SLC) in April.
- Leader Award (worksheet)
Prerequisite: Future and Business Awards. This award focuses on local, district/regional, state, and national involvement; advanced business skills; and community leadership. Pins will be awarded to the recipient at the State Leadership Conference (SLC) in April.
- America Award (worksheet)
Prerequisite: Future, Business, and Leader Awards. This award focuses on total association leadership, business skills, and involvement in community. Students qualifying for this award will receive pins at the National Leadership Conference (NLC) in the summer.
Students who receive F, B, or L awards will be recognized at the State conference. Students who achieve the A award will be recognized at the National Leadership Conference (NLC) in the summer. In addition to receiving the “America level” pin, all recipients of this award who attend the NLC will receive “America” ribbons and certificates of recognition. These awards are great additions to your portfolio, resume, college applications, and scholarship applications! You must use the student website below to record some of the activities.
Student Website: http://www.fbla-pbl.org/BAA/login.asp
- Documentation of activities
- Online Documents and Forms
National Website: http://fbla-pbl.org/web/page/662/sectionid/587/pagelevel/2/fbla.asp
- Overview of awards system
- Past winners list