"The mission of the CHS library program and its teacher-librarian is to teach information literacy skills, nurture the love of reading, prepare students to meet state standards, and partner with the 21st century school community to foster lifelong learning and global citizenship."
7:15 AM TO 3:15 PM Monday - Friday
GREAT ONLINE RESOURCES:
- CHS Library Catalog Search for availability of books in our library.
- Sweetsearch "allows students to choose the most relevant result from a list of credible results, without the distraction of unreliable sites."
- iSeek "iSEEK™ Education is a targeted search engine that compiles hundreds of thousands of authoritative resources from university, government, and established noncommercial providers."
- VirtualLRC The Virtual Library Resource Center was created by teachers and librarians to provide the best academic web results.
- Ref Seek RefSeek is a web search engine that "offers students comprehensive subject coverage without the information overload of a general search engine—increasing the visibility of academic information and compelling ideas that are often lost in a muddle of sponsored links and commercial results".
- Google Scholar Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
The next 5 resources require the CHS Library's usernames and passwords. These are on your computer monitor in the library, or ask/email Mrs. Bonds or Ms. Buckland for this information.
- NOODLETOOLS are here!!! The online bibliographic citation page maker in MLA or APA format.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context Pro/Con essays, periodicals, primary source materials on topics across all high school subjects.
- CultureGrams Background information on over 240 different countries. Perfect for World History "Pirates" assignments.
- ProQuest Research Library The place to look for magazine and newspaper articles.
- ProQuest Learning Literature Poetry works, prose, drama, biographies, multimedia, magazines, essays in the literary field.
- ProQuest History Study Center Periodicals, multimedia, documents, articles, images focused on history.
- eLibrary An online library with encyclopedia, non-fiction books, maps, pictures, t.v., transcripts for research purposes.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library ebook versions of our most popular reference books, such as the American Decades set, the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, the Gale Encyclopedia of Science, the Latin America History Encyclopedia, and the UXL Biomes set.
Don't forget to check these resources too.
- Timberland Regional Library Access all of their online collection including databases, ebooks, audiobooks, free music, magazines with the new MyTRL login: osd+username for example "osdbondskd" and password of birthday month & date for example "0801"
- The Evergreen State College Library You can check out books from Evergreen. Take a photo ID with you to their campus. You must be on their campus to access their databases.
Kristi Bonds, Teacher-Librarian
Marnie Buckland, Library Secretary