"The mission of the CHS library program and its teacher-librarian is to teach information literacy skills, nurture the love of reading, prepare students to meet state standards, and partner with the 21st century school community to foster lifelong learning and global citizenship."
7:15 AM TO 3:15 PM Monday - Friday
Tutoring is available for free from 2:25 - 3:15 Monday - Thursday as well as from 7:30 - 8:30 on Wednesday late start in front of "Roy", our cougar.
GREAT ONLINE RESOURCES:
- CHS Library Catalog Search for availability of books in our library.
- Sweetsearch Every website from the SweetSearch search engine has been evaluated by research experts.
- Ref Seek RefSeek is a web search engine that "offers students comprehensive subject coverage without the information overload of a general search engine—increasing the visibility of academic information and compelling ideas that are often lost in a muddle of sponsored links and commercial results".
- Google Scholar Provides a search of scholarly literature across many disciplines and sources, including theses, books, abstracts and articles.
The next 5 resources require the CHS Library's usernames and passwords. These are on your computer monitor in the library, or ask/email Mrs. Bonds or Ms. Buckland for this information.
- NOODLETOOLS are here!!! The online bibliographic citation page maker in MLA or APA format.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context Pro/Con essays, periodicals, primary source materials on topics across all high school subjects.
- CultureGrams Background information on over 240 different countries. Perfect for World History "Pirates" assignments.
- ProQuest Research Library The place to look for magazine and newspaper articles.
- ProQuest Learning Literature Poetry works, prose, drama, biographies, multimedia, magazines, essays in the literary field.
- ProQuest History Study Center Periodicals, multimedia, documents, articles, images focused on history.
- eLibrary An online library with encyclopedia, non-fiction books, maps, pictures, t.v., transcripts for research purposes.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library ebook versions of our most popular reference books, such as the American Decades set, the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, the Gale Encyclopedia of Science, the Latin America History Encyclopedia, and the UXL Biomes set.
Don't forget to check these resources too.
- Timberland Regional Library For school assignments, try using the Biography Resource Center, Lands and Peoples Online, Literature Resource Center, and Issues and Controversies through this link: Databases
Evergreen State College Library
Tutoring - CHS students are provided tutoring free of cost on Monday - Thursdays from 2:25 - 3:15 and Wednesday late start from 7:30 - 8:30.
- Tutoring survey Please complete this survey before every tutoring session.
OUR COLLECTION ON CAMPUS INCLUDES...
Over 14,000 Volumes
Over 100 titles available
32 Workstations with:
- MS Office Suite: Word, Powerpoint, Excel,
- Internet Access
- Online Library Catalog
- Opposing Viewpoints, Proquest, Proquest History Study Center, ProQuest Learning Literature, E-Library, and Culturegrams Databases
- Noodletools Online Bibliography Page Generator
Kristi Bonds, Teacher-Librarian
Marnie Buckland, Library Secretary