Inbound Foreign Exchange Program Information
Applications for Placement
- Inbound student applications are accepted from January 15 to May 15.
- Applications are accepted until all available openings are filled.
- Applications are only accepted from programs in good standing with CHS who can also document approval and good standing with CSIET and Washington State
Qualifications for Inbound Students
- Students must be between the ages of 16 to 18 at the beginning of the fall term of their exchange year.
- Above average grades/academic success (A/B average) as demonstrated through official transcripts/documentation.
- Sponsored through a CSIET and Washington State approved exchange program.
- Demonstrate community involvement, leadership, extracurricular interests, etc through official documentation and a personal essay. Possess adequate English language fluency to participate academically and socially at CHS. (No ESL assistance is available at CHS.)
Application Packets Must Include
- Personal letter from the student
- Official, approved transcripts from the student's home school with English translation
- Necessary medical history, proof of immunizations as required by the Olympia School District Official student application to participate in the exchange program
- Name/address of confirmed host family
- Year of anticipated graduation from home school (for athletic eligibility purposes)
- Copies of rules as regulated by the exchange program
- Any picures available as part of the program application process.
Limitations and Exceptions
- CHS openly encourages applications from all nationalities and ethnicities. As a means of providing an enriching experience for all CHS students, we strive to include as many diverse nations as possible. With this in mind, we limit the number of students from each country to one per school year.
- CHS accepts only full school year placements.
- Foreign Exchange Student Coordinator