Arts Recognition Night
Art & Writing Competition
- Capital High School student Artists, Writers, Metalworkers, Photographers, Woodworkers submit their work to be considered for honor and awards. Many categories available, multiple submissions allowed.
Why should you participate?
- This competition can showcase your talents!
- Looks great on college or job applications!
- Gift certificates are presented for selected submissions and certificates of achievement are presented to every participant.
- You will make your family proud!
How do you participate?
- There are several categories from which to choose; Performing Artists and Musicians are also honored and awarded, but do not need to enter.
- Metal Work
- Photography-Black and White
How to Enter
- Entry forms and instructions are available online, in the CHS Library, and with teachers.
- Entry forms must be legible and attached to each submission.
- Submissions and entry forms are due by April 20, 2012. No exceptions.
- Submissions have to have been created in the 2011-2012 school year.
- Check with teachers for more details about applications, rules and submissions.
- Judges will not be parents or staff. Judging has a set rubric for each category (as shown on entry form).
- Participants will be honored at Arts Recognition Night is Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:30 PM.
Event Date: May 22, 2013 6:30PM in CHS Theater
What is Recognition Night?
- At this event, CHS will recognize student achievement in Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Music and Literature. Sponsored by the CHS Parent Organization, Recognition Night is supported by the teachers and staff of CHS.
- A formal invitation to attend this event, honoring students for their achievements, will be mailed to competition participants, honorees and their families.
- Art competitors’ submissions will be on display in the lobby. After the competition, some art may continue to be displayed in the school. Writing submissions will be published in the school’s literary magazine, available the night of the event.
For additional information or questions, you may contact: