Visit the Parent Org web site!
Who are we?
We are the Capital High School Parent Organization, or CHSPO for short. We are a group of parents who are working together to enrich our students’ high school experience.
- We promote communication between the school and the families.
- We facilitate parent involvement in school-wide community events.
- We raise and allocate funds for a wide variety of educational programs.
When do we meet?
We meet the 1st Monday of each month from 6:30 – 8:00pm in the CHS Library.
- Staff Appreciation Breakfasts throughout the year.
- Father/Daughter Dance in January.
- Mother/Son Palapalooza in March.
- Arts Recognition in May.
- Staff Appreciation Lunch on the last day of school.
Annual membership fees are $20 per year, per family.
Where does the money go?
- Student Needs Fund: for students as needed.
- School Climate Fund: to support activities/events that address school climate.
- Special Projects Fund: for CHS Administration requests.
- Grant Requests: funds given to teachers for needed supplies, books and programs.
- Staff Appreciation and Arts Recognition Night.
In the last 3 years, we have granted $17,000 back to the classrooms. Some examples are various science equipment and textbooks, art and music equipment, health and fitness supplies, to name a few.
How do I join?
We have made it easy for anyone to join. Simply go to https://www.CHSPO.org/join.html where you can sign up and easily pay using PayPal (No PayPal account required)