Cultivate Honor Serve
The mission of the CHS Scholarship Foundation is to provide money for Capital High graduates to continue their education. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need, academics and activities. The Foundation makes thousands of dollars available to seniors each spring. The Foundation happily accepts (tax deductible) donations, and participates in fundraisers, including the Father Daughter dances, the Palapalooza event for mothers and sons, and selling engraved brick pavers that are placed outside the entrance of the Commons. The CHS Scholarship Foundation meets the 2nd Monday of the month from 6:00 PM in the CHS counseling center conference room.
The Foundation awards or administers four categories of scholarships:
Unrestricted Scholarships: These are funded by general donations to the Scholarship Foundation and fundraising activities. These scholarships are based entirely on financial need. Most scholarships awarded are for $1000 - $1500.
Custodial Scholarships: These scholarships are from funds donated by individuals with many given in memory of, or to honor, someone. The criteria for these scholarships vary based on the wishes of the donors. Examples include: students interested in studying fine arts, law, education, a student who has overcome adversity, a male or female track athlete, etc. The amount of these scholarships varies from $500 - $2000.
Endowed Scholarships: These are funded by large donations and awarded annually based on the donor's criteria. Most scholarships are $1000 - $2000.
Third-Party or Organizational Scholarships: Funding is provided by generous family donors or businesses which have specific criteria for their scholarships. Examples include: Olympia Education Association, Olympia Kiwanis, South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia Host Lions, L& E Bottling Co., and OnQ Financial Marketing, Capital Centennial Rotary, etc...
For more information: CHS Scholarship Foundation President, Arlene Hartman at 360-701-5540 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* All donations are tax deductible.
1) CHS Almuni - Alumni from various years since the 70's have created scholarships or provided donations to the scholarship foundation.
2) Father/Daughter Dances - Two formal dances sponsored by the CHS student "Class Of", the CHS Parent Organization and the CHS Foundation. ALL PROCEEDS go to the school, student organization & the CHS Scholarship Foundation!
3) Mother-Son Palapalooza - An evening of pure fun and entertainment for boys and their mother figures. Sponsored by the CHSParent Organization and the CHSFoundation.
4) Brick Pavers - Engraved with names and messages to honor individuals, entire CHSclasses, events, etc. Pavers are installed in the brick patio at the entrance to the CHS Commons. contact the foundation to purchase your paver: email@example.com
5) Sale of Eco Hardwood Boxes made by current Foundation Director, Edward Miller. For purchases contact Edward Miller at 360-866-8247 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
1) The application process is open to all graduating CHS Seniors without regard to gender, age, sexual orientation, martial status, race, creed ,color, religion, national origin, or the presence of any mental, sensory, or physical handicaps.
2) The selection committee is made up ofthe CHS Counseling Staff, Foundation Director, Foundation members, and CHS Administrative staff. The selection committee meets in May to determine scholarship recipients. Recipients are notified in June and awards are distributed Sept-Dec 1st directly to the students verified school of attendance.
3) Applications open yearly in March and close April - check for specific open & close dates on CHS Career Center webpage.
For further information, or if you would like to be involved with the Scholarship Foundation, please contact Arlene Hartman at 360-701-5540 or email@example.com.
Scholarship Foundation Main Email: firstname.lastname@example.org