There are six assessment objectives for the standard level ITGS course.
Candidates will be expected to:
- understand and critically examine the global impact of IT developments
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the social and ethical implications of IT systems and developments at the local, national and global level
- analyse and evaluate the social and ethical implications of IT developments
- analyse and evaluate relevant examples of the global impact of IT
- design and apply IT solutions to a problem set in a social context through a project
- express ideas clearly and coherently with supporting arguments and examples.
Students will conduct projects for this class. One of which will be submitted to IB as a part of the student's internal assessment. The external assessment consists of two test in May 2009. These tests will cover the material related to the topics listed above in an one hour short answer exam and a two hour longer essay style exam . More details will be presented about the tests toward the end of first semester. Examples of the exams and projects will be presented to the students at that time.
Find out more about The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO)